Tuesday 20 November 2018

drive letter - Windows: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

Since a few months I'm having an annoying problem with my Windows 10 installation. I can't simply open drives (either HDD or USB ones) labelled with the letters J: and K: from the File Explorer. When I try to do that, the infamous "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." message is appearing.


However I'm the system administrator and, moreover, I can access drives characterized by those labels simply using the Command Prompt.


Command Prompt


So, when I use a USB drive, first of all I need to change its label to just another one and then I'm able to gain access to it. Any hints about how to solve this issue?


UPDATE: I've created a new administrator account and it doesn't seem to have this issue. I can access to a drive having J: or K: labels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...