Friday 23 November 2018

windows - Replace Builtin commands with Custom Commands for CMD.exe

If I do a command like (on windows cmd.exe):


where dir

or


where cd

I get the following message:


INFO: Could not find files for the given pattern(s).

This tends to mean to me that cd and dir are not actual programs, but are built in to cmd.exe.


Now the real question is:


Is there ant way to replace cd and dir with other programs? If you wanted to replace say more, you could just put another program by that name in the system PATH in front of where more is.


But you cannot do that with cd and dir. Am I just stuck with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...