Friday 30 November 2018

windows 8 - Change DOCX icon

I have a small (aesthetic) problem with my MS Word documents. After uninstalling a slew of programs (I don't remember them all) explorer no longer displays the correct icon on DOCX files (though it does for DOC files). Under the Type field in explorer the files are listed as "DOCX File"s, which, while technically accurate, is normally displayed as "Microsoft Word 2010 document." Also, the context menu no longer shows the "Open, Edit, New, Print" entries. I was able to get the documents to open in Word but am still having these aesthetic issues. I ran the fix as described here, and that fixed it for the office programs other than Word. I have also tried uninstalling and re-installing the entire office suite, but that also didn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...