Thursday 22 November 2018

microphone - How do I fix HSP/HFP bluetooth profiles on linux?

I have a bluetooth headset that has worked perfectly on an older Ubuntu system and still works perfectly on my Android phone. On a newer system, though, A2DP profiles work perfectly, but HSP/HFP profiles don't work at all.



  • Nixos-16.09

  • Pulseaudio 9.0-rebootstrapped

  • bluez 5.40


When set to HSP/HFP, I will see one of two behaviors:


1) The headset vibrates, attempting to switch profiles. After a few seconds, the headset completely disappears from pavucontrol 2) The headset remains visible in pavucontrol, and appears to have switched, however the microphone does not appear to detect any actual sound input, and sound output is only an intermittent crackling.


In dmesg, I see a steady stream of messages like so:


[ 1679.524964] Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown connection handle 65509 [ 1679.524969] Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown connection handle 0 [ 1679.524970] Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown connection handle 0


Numbering apparently a hundred or so per second.


Update:


Behavior is consistent between NixOS-16.09 and Ubuntu-16.04 live CD. However, the problem goes away if I use an external bluetooth dongle. So maybe an incompatibility with my laptop's chipset?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...