Wednesday 21 November 2018

Disable Windows 8 Monitor detection with display port monitors

I have 3 Dell UltraSharp U2414H Monitors connected to a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 graphics card via display port. The monitors are not chained. So each monitor is connected directly to the graphics card. I'm running the latest NVIDIA drivers (344.48).


When I turn one monitor off. Windows 8.1 helpfully re-arranges my desktop down to two monitors. Then down to one when I turn of all the panels.


Is there anyway to stop windows from doing this? Its especially frustrating to have to re-organize my desktop windows every time I turn my monitors off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...