Monday 26 November 2018

How do I make Windows 10's File Explorer open "This PC" by default?


I know how to do that on Windows Vista and Windows 7, and I know how to do that on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, but neither of the ways work with Windows 10; it always defaults into the "Home" view.


(I am basically reposting this question for Windows 10.)



Answer



As of build 9926 (at least - it may have been an earlier build), this is configurable via the GUI.


Open Explorer and go to View, then click Options (or Change folder and search options). In General tab you can change Open File Explorer to This PC


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...