Thursday 29 November 2018

linux - schroot Don't Share Home Directory


I created a schroot recently (following the directions here), and it conveniently shares my (host) user home directory. That is, /home/username is the same in the chroot as outside the chroot.


Where is this behaviour configured ? How can I prevent this behaviour ?


I'm using Ubuntu desktop 12.04 64-bit, and schroot version info is


$ schroot --version
schroot (Debian sbuild) 1.4.25 (03 Feb 2012)

Answer



By default, schroot mount directories according to filesystem table file /etc/schroot/default/fstab. You could comment the line start with /home so that schroot won't bind-mount the home directory.


You could also specify other filesystem table file by editing schroot conf file. For example, if you add setup.fstab=minimal/fstab to the end of /etc/schroot/chrood.d/[your chroot's].conf, schroot would filesystem according to /etc/schroot/minimal/fstab.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...