Wednesday 28 November 2018

How to turn off Outlook Notifications?


I like email to stay an asynchronous system as it was designed. Whenever I receive an outlook email notification, I get out of my work flow and become unproductive, "event-driven"...


How do I turn the notification in Outlook off? I'm using 2003...


P.S: I would opt for not using outlook at all but unfortunately at the company I work at, I have to use it...



Answer



I've only got access to Outlook 2007 but I believe the options are the same:


Tools > Options > E-mail Options > Advanced E-mail Options...


In this dialog there's a section headed "When new items arrive in my Inbox".


alt text


Clear them all.


I've no idea why these options are buried so deep within the UI - it's bad design.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...