Sunday 16 September 2018

How can I see if Windows 7 is using TRIM for my SSD drive?


I recently upgraded the firmware on my SSD to support TRIM and upgraded to Windows 7. How can I tell whether Windows is recognizing the drive as SSD and using TRIM correctly?



Answer



According to the Crucial User Forums - Is TRIM Running? to test if TRIM is enabled run the following in an administrative command window.


fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify

If it comes up as 0 then it is enabled.


Have a read of the comments of Support and Q&A for Solid-State Drives and this Intel Community Forum for more info.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...