Monday 24 September 2018

windows 7 - Install SSL certificate from an untrusted website into the Certificates snap-in using IE


How can I install a certificate from an untrusted website into the Certificates snap-in (certmgr.msc) of Windows?


enter image description here


I know how to do this with Firefox by exporting to a file and then importing it, but I'm looking to do this in IE or with any other way that's built-in to Windows.



Answer



I knew this used to be easy. It turns out the trick is to run IE as an Administrator:


enter image description here


Then browse to the website and click on the certificate details:


enter image description here


Then finally you can Install Certificate:


enter image description here


If you then want to export it to a file, it's a simple matter of exporting it from the Certificates (certmgr.msc) snap-in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...