Wednesday 26 September 2018

windows 8 - My laptop's screen won't turn on after restart but it will after shutdown


I just installed Windows 8.1 x64 on my Laptop and I've encountered the following problem:


When I restart the laptop, the screen turns off after Windows logo shows up. Just before the "signing in..." page.


If I connect an external monitor everything works fine. I tried change back to original monitor but nothing happened. As if there is no original monitor.


The really strange thing is, that when I shut down my laptop, I turn it back on and everything works normally. The problem is only with restart.


Why is that happening and how can I solve it?


Note: My GPU is NVIDIA GEFORCE GT540M. If you need more hardware information please let me know.


Edit 1: Screen is not off. It is just black.


Edit 2: Now I have the same problem with shutdown too...


Edit 3: I installed windows 7........ I'm afraid I lost this battle....


Edit 4: I found a workaround but I cannot accept it as a solution but maybe it will help us. I noticed that when I restart my pc and get that black screen, if I put the pc on sleep and wake it up 5 seconds later, I get normal log in screen and everything works normal from that point.



Answer



After hours of searching, trial and error test and reading, I decided to man up and update BIOS. So I fixed a usb to boot windows 98 and got a flash utility thingy. After BIOS update everything seems to work fine.


If you have the same motherboard and you want to update bios translate this page and follow the instructions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...