Saturday 22 September 2018

Ubuntu Firefox it is saying that it is already running but not responding


On Ubuntu, When trying to open Firefox it is saying that it is already running but not responding. I am on a system where I dont have access to view the root. I have had this issue before and fixed it but I dont remember how. I know before I had to delete a file but I dont remember what or where.



Answer



It's probably that your profile is locked; happens on unclean shutdown sometimes.


See this support page on Mozilla.com, specifically:



  • pkill firefox (or restart your computer). Don't try to start Firefox.

  • Go to your Firefox profile folder - see How to find your profile.

  • Delete the lock file parent.lock


Your profile is in ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/ (the * will be a random sequence of 8 letters)


rm parent.lock and try again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...