Saturday 29 September 2018

Windows 7 WannaCrypt Patch/Update

Running Windows 7 Professional. It appears that the proper patch/update for me to protect against the wannacrypt virus is KB4012215.


I reviewed my Windows Update history and see that I tried to install that update on 3/18/17 but the installation "failed."


I right-clicked on it and the Error Code is 80070020.


Questions:




  1. Is KB4012215 the proper update to guard against wannacrypt?




  2. If not, please tell me the proper update and where and how to download and install it.




  3. If so, please tell me where and how to download and install it.




Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...