Thursday 27 September 2018

Dimensions of Standoffs and Screws for ATX Motherboard

What are the dimensions for the standoffs and screws used for mounting an ATX motherboard to the computer casing? I'm using them to make my own motherboard mounting plate.


Some sources say the standoffs are 6-32 to 6-32 for the threads, some say its 6-32 to M3. However on Grainger/Mcmaster I cant find any M3 tapped standoffs with #6-32 threads, its either 6-32 to 6-32 or M3 to M3.


I bought some 6-32-1/2L male-female hex standoffs from Grainger but they look odd.


In Mcmaster I narrowed down to these Male-Female Threaded Hex Standoffs which are



  • Brass

  • 6-32 thread size

  • 1/4" length


Which should I get?


enter image description here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...