Saturday 29 September 2018

hard drive - Fixing bad sectors on Apple Snow Leopard


I'm running Snow Leopard and have found some bad sectors on my hard drive. Looks like I'm in need of a fix here.


How do I go about fixing these bad sectors? Is there a program or tool that I can use to fix this?



Answer



If you hard drive truly has a bad sector, then try Tech Tool Pro v5. But if you have bad sectors, it typically is a unrepairable issue. Bad sectors should be transparently mapped out using spare sectors on the hard drive.


If you are seeing it at the user level, then your hard drive is dying. Back up your data, and purchase a new hard drive.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...