Sunday 23 September 2018

remote desktop - RDP to computer at home, that is VPNed to work network, drops VPN after RDP login

It is VPN using Juniper to work network. But I have the laptop at home, and I'm trying to RDP to it through my router.


Diagram


It sees it just fine, logs in fine, but as soon as I try to take the session, it hangs and loses connection.


I figured out that I can only RDP into it while Juniper is connected to the VPN, and as soon as the laptop gives up its session, Juniper disconnects.


I guess the laptop is using a server on the VPN to handle remote connections.


I can't attempt to RDP to the work laptop again until I log back in and Juniper connects.


I'm RDPing so I can share mouse and keyboard with my personal computer. And local RDP would be so much faster than internet options like TeamViewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...