Saturday 29 September 2018

partitioning - Windows will not shrink my drive?

My goal is a dual boot Linux/Windows 7 PC. It already has windows 7 on drive C, on a 3Tb drive.


I first defragmented this drive, then shrink the drive c partition to the maximum allowed.


The drive is now 1037.17 Gb, but only 42.9 Gb is used space. I only want to use 120 Gb for windows.


When I try to shrink it, after also defragmenting, the system says:



Size available shrink space in MB: 0



I've made a system backup to an external drive and a DVD repair disk.


Can I just trash this partition and restore it to a newly created 120Gb partition?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...