Wednesday 26 September 2018

firefox - As a user, how can I open a site in a popup window without toolbars?


Long story short there are webpages and videos I want to display on my secondary monitor while browsing on my main monitor. All of my toolbars and tabs make the browser rather bulky, and I'd like to hide them when I'm just using the window for one webpage.


For example, playing a game on MSN games opens a new popup window, with nothing but the window border and the URL bar:



This is exactly what I want. However, the URL bar doesn't let me navigate to a different site, which is weird. How can I manually open a blank popup window in Firefox, that I can essentially use as a single-tab trimmed-down browser window?



Answer



Adding to Toine42's answer, you can create a JavaScript bookmarklet to open a popup window of the current page:


javascript:(function(){window.open(window.location.href,"Google","menubar=no,location=yes")}())

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...