Monday 24 September 2018

macos - Automator app won't open after being copied to another computer - OSX

I created an app in Automator. The app runs fine on the computer with which I created it, but when I copy it to another computer I get:


The application “AppX” can’t be opened.

If I open it in Automator (on the destination computer) and click File->Duplicate (saving it in the same directory), the duplicate runs fine. I'm assuming there is a permissions issue, but I'm not sure what it is or how to fix it. I would like to be able to copy this app to various computers and just double click it to run with out having to mess with permissions first. Any ideas?


Edit: Technically I'm copying it from my computer to an OSX VM running on my computer. I have tried dragging and dropping (so copying through Parallels) and uploading/downloading with Dropbox, with the same results both ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...