Tuesday 25 September 2018

sleep - How do I prevent the Windows 10 "Maintenance Activator" from waking my PC randomly (even after disabling wake timers)?

Windows 10 wakes randomly after putting it to sleep.


I have tried all proposed solutions from this old question: I have added a disable flag for the automatic maintenance in the registry, disabled the Media Center update scheduled task, disabled "wake on x" on my network adapter, disallowed scheduled maintenance tasks to wake in Security and Maintenance, and disallowed wake timers in the Power Options.


The Event Viewer lists Wake Source: Unknown for all random wake events.


After querying for wake timers I get: enter image description here


I'm assuming this is the culprit. How do I disable it?


EDIT: This problem subsided after all the steps above, but now reoccurs for me again (presumably due to an update). I've just done the following steps that might help: First, Open the "Task Scheduler" and go into the tree as follows: Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot. Rightclick -> Properties -> Conditions -> Uncheck "Wake the computer to run this task". Second, change registry entry hkey_local_machine\software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\PowerdownAfterShutdown to 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...