Sunday 30 September 2018

Word 2013 - default paste options don't work

No matter what I set the default paste options to in Word 2013, text always pastes with source formatting. I've tried fiddling with everything on that section of the options pane including "smart cut and paste" but nothing seems to make any difference at all.


Has anyone else experienced this? is there something stupid I missed? I'm using 64 bit office BTW but not sure if that makes any difference.


just to be clear, here's exactly what I'm doing.



  • click home tab

  • click triangle underneath paste button

  • click 'set default paste'

  • next to "pasting from other programs" select "keep text only"

  • click OK

  • go to chrome browser window, select some text, press control-c

  • return to Word window, paste control-v

  • text is pasted with the formatting from chrome, not as plain text.


Note that if I click the small triangle under the paste button and then click the icon to keep text only, it does what I would expect.


Also I'm using office 64 bit which I know is not common so it may be that this is a bug that only appears in the 64 bit version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...