Tuesday 25 September 2018

How can I "group by" and sum a column in excel?


I'm trying to figure out how to "group by" values in an Excel spreadsheet.


Given the following example (this is an inventory sheet I use at my restaurant:)


Sample Spreadsheet


At the far right of the spreadsheet there is a column named Cost of Goods Sold.


I would like to be able to come up with a total COGS figure for each Category.


Is this possible in excel? Moreover, I'd like to do it in a separate worksheet so that the first worksheet (what is pictured) isn't affected.


Any ideas?


Thanks!



Answer



The feature you want to use is Pivot Tables. It's really easy to do exactly what you want with just a few clicks once you learn how to use that feature.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...