Saturday 9 June 2018

Windows: how to install driver from recovery command prompt?


I'm trying to enable Intel SRT on my laptop. To do this, I need to change SATA controller mode from AHCI to RAID. The problem is that windows has no drivers for RAID and I can't install it while controller is in AHCI mode.


For now I have RAID driver in INF package (inf, sys, cat files). And I can load Windows recovery console with controller in RAID mode. The last thing to do is to intall this driver, but I don't know how to do it.


Google says rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 123 .inf might help, but it doesn't.



Answer



use pnputil to add the driver to the driver store. Windows now detects the driver:


pnputil.exe -a C:\.INF 

And you should add the drivers before changing the mode.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...