Monday 18 June 2018

video conversion - What tool can I use to to rip DVD movies?



What tool can I use to to rip DVD movies? I have used "Dr. DivX" long back. Is there any better tool to rip DVDs?



Answer



Handbrake



HandBrake is an open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded video transcoder, available for MacOS X, Linux and Windows.



Input:



  • Any DVD-like source: VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD (unencrypted--protection methods including CSS are not supported internally and must be handled externally with third-party software and libraries), and some .VOB and .TS files

  • Most any multimedia file it can get libavformat to read and libavcodec to decode.


Output:



  • File format: MP4, MKV, --AVI-- or OGM

  • Video: MPEG-4, H.264, or Theora (1 or 2 passes or constant quantizer/rate encoding)

  • Audio: AAC, MP3, Vorbis or AC-3 pass-through (supports encoding of several audio tracks)


Screenshot:


alt text


Here are some good tutorials:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...