Friday 15 June 2018

permissions - Only Administrator can use Windows Explorer. Normal users get an error when accessing Windows Explorer


If I log in as a standard user in my BRAND NEW Windows 7 install, I have no access to Windows Explorer. If I click on Computer in the Start Menu or the Windows Explorer folder icon in the taskbar I get the following error in a dialog box titled Explorer.exe:



Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.



I have one Administrator account, which works fine, and four other standard accounts. I have this problem with ALL of the accounts except for the admin account.


Any idea what the heck is going on here???



Answer



Alright, so making new user accounts worked perfectly. Advice for anyone performing a clean install of Windows: let windows download all automatic updates before creating any user accounts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...