Wednesday 20 June 2018

path - Linux C Compiler


I've just tried to install APCUPSD and have run into a missing C compiler error. I then ran


yum install compat-gcc-34-g77

which went fine but the error did not go away, I tried


which gcc

as well as


which compact-gcc

both returned the errors


/usr/bin/which: no gcc in
(/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/home/trent/bin)

how do I make sure it is in the $PATH?


UPDATE


I should probably mention the path to where the gcc is


/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/3.4.6

Answer



You have to add the path /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/ to your $PATH environment variable.


Put in a line in ~/.profile as follows:


PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/

It will add the path to the variable. But in the current session, the file must be sourced again to be applied. Use that command for that:


. ~/.profile

Then which gcc should reply the correct path.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...