Wednesday 6 June 2018

macos - Location of Chrome cache on Mac OS X


After a bit of Googling, I'm able to find the location of Chrome cached files on Windows but not on OS X. Would anyone know what the location is for Mac?



Answer



The primary cache is nominally ~/Library/Caches/Google/Chrome. However the bulk of cached data appears in ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome, in particular ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Application Cache.


If you are a Time Machine user, consider excluding the Application Support directories, as they bloat your backup set. Take care to preserve the bookmarks file if that's important to you, as it's mixed into the same directory.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...