Monday 4 June 2018

irc - How do I search in lists with irssi?


I would like to be able to search like this:


/window list | grep ruby

I have installed grep.pl to do so, but it still fails. The syntax says to do


/GREP [-i] [-w] [-v] [-F]  

But even typing /grep gives "Unknown command" in irssi.


What is a good way to find the number for specific channels? I keep on losing track of their numbers and typing /join #fullchannel name is often long and I often forget if the channel uses 1 or 2 #-symbols.



Answer



First off, make sure the script is loaded correctly by doing:


/script load grep

or


/script load autorun/grep

(if the grep.pl file is in your autorun directory)


Then, here is the proper command:


/grep ruby /window list

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...