Tuesday 19 June 2018

How to pin out "Sound" to Windows taskbar?


Context


I am using very ofter the Sound settings. It seems to be a normal application with taskbar icon, still I can not pin it, because this context menu item is missing.


I would like to start it with a single click from the taskbar.


Question


How can I pin out this application to the taskbar?


enter image description here



Answer




  • create a new shortcut elsewhere using mouse rightclick -> New -> Shortcut

  • target %SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL "mmsys.cpl", Next

  • name Sound, Finish

  • change the Sound shortcut icon using mouse rightclick -> Properties (choose e.g. from mmsys.cpl)

  • move the Sound shortcut to taskbar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...