Wednesday 6 June 2018

compression - How to compress a JPG image File


I am trying to send an email with an image attachment. But the image size is 40MB and the attachment size can only be 25MB. How can I compress the size of the image so that I can send it via Email?. I have tried using 7-zip and only got it down to 28MB.



Answer



JPG files are already compressed so further compression is not particularly successful. Some things to try
- edit the image an resize it to make it smaller
- Edit the image to drop the jpg quality
- Use a file transfer service like dropbox (non-email solutions are preferred by sysadmins everywhere)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...