Friday 1 June 2018

browser - Chrome Tab Ordering?


If I'm on the first tab, and I hit Ctrl+T, I want it to open next to (to the right of) the current tab. Is there an extension for this?


I think I want to change the closed tab ordering too... but I can never remember how I like it until I play with it. I think move to the left tab is what I like.


TabMixPlus gives me these options in FF, is there a similar extension available yet? Or some hidden options in Chrome?



Answer



This is not (yet) a configurable option, and it would not be possible to make an extension for this at this time. Chrome extensions (unlike Firefox ones) cannot alter the behavior of the actual browser, so this sort of thing won't be possible until (if) Google changes the way their extension system works. You'll have to use @Michelle's workaround until then.




Edit: It looks like there is now an extension that does this: Tab to the next. Also, TabsPlus selects the last-used tab after you close the current one, if that's what you're interested in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...