Saturday 19 May 2018

USB extender cable - can multiple non-active be used to exceed the USB length limit if used with a powered hub?

If multiple non-active USB cables are chained together such that the combined cable is longer than the normal USB length limit but are placed between two powered USB hubs, will that effectively create an active cable and be fine even though it's longer than it should be able to be?


What prompted this question in the first place is wanting to buy an active extension cable in a certain color, but not finding one for sale in that color so trying to explore alternative solutions. Putting a hub every 15 feet is not an option for aesthetics reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...