Saturday 5 May 2018

Remove TrueCrypt whole USB encryption in Linux


I've accidentally encrypted my 8GB usb stick instead of my 4GB stick and now I need to revert the encryption on the 8GB one. There doesn't seem to be an option like this in the TrueCrypt interface when I mount the USB.


Anyone know how to do this?



Answer



Purely guessing/workaround:


Based on how long it takes to encrypt certain volumes, my guess it will take ages to remove the encryption.


I highly recommend you simply mount the volume then copy everything off of it, format the stick and then move the items back to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...