Saturday 5 May 2018

privacy - How to remove tracking cookies


I am looking for a tool that will be able to (ideally) proactively block tracking cookies in a browser as I don't really like to see the relevant ad from the sites I visited on other web sites. After a quick search I found that the recommendations would be to disable cookies completely, to sign up for yet another service that may cover you from certain ad providers or to clean cookies manually.


I would prefer solutions for FF.


Are there any better solutions available?



Answer



Ghostery is a Firefox add-on designed to block different tracking methods and it optionally displays the blocked domains as a popup.


Description:



Ghostery sees the "invisible" web, detecting trackers, web bugs, pixels, and beacons placed on web pages by Facebook, Google Analytics, and over 600 other ad networks, behavioral data providers, web publishers - all companies interested in your activity.



Note that if you want to go further you should use:



  • Better Privacy for Flash Local Shared Objects

  • Noscript to limit external requests which could help tracking you (and also a few dozen different attack vectors which can be mitigated/blocked alltogether, really a great piece of code)

  • AdBlock Plus with a list dedicated to privacy (suggested lists generally blocks ads only)

  • Delete everything listed in "Clear Recent History" automatically on close (Preferences/Privacy/History)


Two screenshots to tighten your privacy settings in Firefox:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...