Tuesday 8 May 2018

memory - How to identify hardware performance bottleneck in laptop?

Is there any tool that helps to determine the weakest link of my current laptop hardware specification? Any online guide to help me choose nice balanced configuration for the new laptop?




I need to find the answers:


a) which component should be invested to increase overall performance the most? CPU? GPU? RAM?


b) which component may decrease overall performance and work as a bottleneck for the specific configuration?




The question is general and regards both to validating the current hardware usage (and its possible bottlenecks) and estimating the performance (and avoiding possible issues) of specs I'm going to choose and buy.




P.S. For the specific laptop I need to replace, the following software will be in use:



  • Windows

  • antivirus, firewall, dropbox service running in the background

  • mail app + web browser with a dozen or so tabs open

  • from time to time: libreoffice apps, movies, games (both online and installed).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...