Monday 7 May 2018

memory - Faster processor or more RAM?

I currently have a low-end Acer laptop with:



  • Intel Pentium CPU B960 2.2GHZ processor

  • 4GB RAM

  • Windows 8 64-bit


It runs great until I start Photoshop CS6. That slows it right down, and if I try to load more than 8 pictures into Photoshop, it slows down to a crawl.


Will simply adding 4GB more RAM help, or should I get a machine with a faster processor as well? I'm currently looking at an HP with an i7 dual core processor and 4GB of RAM. Will the i7 make a difference, or will I still need to add another 4GB of RAM to that as well?


I also like to run Adobe Premiere, but there's no way I can run it at the same time as Photoshop on my Acer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...