Monday 7 May 2018

macos - Basic *nix Question (Mac OS X): Where is my path being set?


I have a path that starts like this


PATH=/opt/subversion:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin [etc]

and this is wrong (at least opt/subversion needs to be opt/subversion/bin). Where is this being set? I checked the usual suspects that I know:


.login
.profile
.bash
.bashrc

and it doesn't seem to be in any of these. Where do I need to look?



Answer



Stuff like this can be set on a per-user basis in which case you should be able to find something in your .bashrc, .bash_profile or .profile files. Or it can be set on a global level. In that case, I'd take a look inside /etc/environment, /etc/profile and /etc/bash.bashrc.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...