Saturday 5 May 2018

How to restore Emacs' windows and buffers from the last session?


How to restore Emacs' windows and buffers from the last session?


The behavior I want is like in web browser that you can restore all the tabs from last session.



Answer



In addition to automatically restoring your last Emacs session state, you can also save any number of session states and restore them on demand in any other session, any number of times. IOW, you can easily switch among different desktops.


The easiest way to do this is to load library Bookmark+ and use key C-x r K to save the current session state as a desktop bookmark. You can then restore any desktop bookmark in any session using key C-x j K.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...