Tuesday 1 May 2018

filesystems - Can I use the new ReFS file system on Windows 8?


Windows Server 2012 comes with the new File System ReFS, which is Microsoft's upgrade to NTFS. Is there any way to use this for my Windows 8 partition?



Answer



Microsoft is planning to upgrade ReFS to be capable of being a boot volume, but no time span has been given yet.



With this in mind, we will implement ReFS in a staged evolution of the feature: first as a storage system for Windows Server, then as storage for clients, and then ultimately as a boot volume. This is the same approach we have used with new file systems in the past.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...