Monday 21 May 2018

Excel Formula To Get First Non-Zero Value in Row and Return Column Header


I am attempting to find a formula where I can look at a column range within a row and return the column header in that row where the first non-zero value occurs, moving left to right.


Below is a screenshot of my data: enter image description here


The results I would want to see in column H would be as follows, for each row:


9 = 10/31/2011
10 = 11/30/2011
11 = 11/30/2011
12 = 12/31/2011

I have played around with some array formulas and searched through functions, but have not found any sucess yet. I am hoping another excel wizard may have an idea.


I want to avoid writing a UDF for now, if I can.



Answer



Sure, try this


=INDEX(J$8:N$8,MATCH(TRUE,INDEX(J9:N9<>0,),0))


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact&#39;s avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...