Thursday 8 March 2018

windows - Button "Fn" not working for brightness


I have a laptop Sony Vaio VPC-CW21FX after installing windows 8 release preview, my fn key does not work for the screen brightness. help me solve this problem.



Answer



You will need a driver from Sony to get the specialty keys working. This is usually the "HKServ" driver/process (The Hotkey Service).


This may not (yet) be available from Sony as Windows 8 has not been officially released.


You can get a few versions of the HKServer application from Sony's Vaio FTP site here. Perhaps one of them will work for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...