Wednesday 7 March 2018

microsoft excel - How to combine data from two sheets and conditionally format rows based on sheet of origin

I have 3 sheets in Excel "Open", "New", "Combine"


    "Open" Sheet (Old list)

Ticket ID | Priority | Department | Status
36009 | 1 | Finance | 01-Open
34781 | 2 | Finance | 02-Vendor
35776 | 1 | Finance | 01-Open



"New" Sheet (New List)
Ticket ID | Priority | Department | Status
34781 | 3 | Finance | 01-Vendor
35776 | 5 | Finance | 10-Closed
35607 | 2 | Finance | 01-Open



"Combine" Sheet (End Result)
Ticket ID | Priority | Department | Status
36009 | 1 | Finance | 01-Open
34781 | 3 | Finance | 01-Vendor
35776 | 5 | Finance | 10-Closed
35607 | 2 | Finance | 01-Open

So what I try to do is combine the Open sheet and New sheet to the combine sheet, the New sheet has priority above the open sheet. We will get 3 different results :




  1. Duplicate results that are tickets that both exists in Open and New. With the duplicate I only get the results from "New" (mark this as yellow background)




  2. Old results that are Tickets that are only in Open not in "New" Sheet (mark this as red background)




  3. New results are tickets that are only in New not in Open (mark this as green background)




So I like to copy the whole row for every check on the Ticket ID's


For now as example I look for Duplicates and New values (From New sheet to Open sheet values) with this function


=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(New!B2;Open!$B$2:$B$998;1;FALSE));IF(New!B2=0;"Empty";"NEW");"Duplicate")

How can I easily make the Combine sheet like how I want it (like automatically fill it up)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...