Wednesday 7 March 2018

internet - What is cloud computing?


I hear about "cloud computing" all the time, but don't know what it is.



  • What is it's purpose?

  • Why do I need it?

  • What problems does it solve?

  • What problems does it create?



Answer




What is it's purpose?



The general purpose of cloud computing is to get the cost and difficulty of setting up infrastructure to support your business applicaion needs off of your plate and onto somebody else (like Google, Amazon or Microsoft).



Why do I need it?



Need is a strong word. You may need it because you cannot afford to implement the type of infrastructure one of your line of business application requires.



What problems does it solve?



In general, it helps address issues of scalability and availability (although this is debatable). It also helps solve the problem of getting infrastructure up quickly to meet business needs.



What problems does it create?



In my mind, mostly security concerns.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...