Friday 9 March 2018

macos - Mac Lion OS X - I deleted files, but the disk free space is not increased


I had on Mac Lion OS X just 0.5GB of free space, so I deleted like 15 GB movies => OS X wanted to confirm this operation by filling out the password => I did it and the files were deleted.


I checked again the free space on disk and there is still 0.5GB. I have tried to restart system, but nothing has changed => still 0.5GB of free space.


The thrash is empty. What is wrong with Lion OS X? I have Macbook Pro.


Thanks.



Answer



Trash ownership is likely to have been set to 'root'.


Go into your terminal and type


sudo chown yourusername .Trash


This should fix the problem.


Hope this helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...