Saturday 10 March 2018

firefox - How do these icons work: 🌍🌎🌏✅️?


I can see these characters as colored icons:


🌍🌎🌏✅️

It only works in Firefox for me. If you can't see the characters in color, it looks like this on my system (it's probably font-dependent):


image description


I can even see them in firebug and tab titles:


image description


image description


image description


And there's full file of them. I also did this document.title animation with them, which demonstrates that they work even outside HTML.


What is that?



Answer



These characters are emojis that are recognized by the Unicode standards which defines what each character presents.


The exact look for them is different for each OS, and each application, but all depict the same thing.


The globe (🌏) is Unicode character 1F30F and is called EARTH GLOBE ASIA-AUSTRALIA. the 2nd one (✅) is called WHITE HEAVY CHECK MARK and is Unicode 2705.


In that manner, there are thousands of emojis, some that every application supports and some with less support. See complete list here http://www.fileformat.info/info/emoji/browsertest.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...