Monday 12 March 2018

data recovery - How do I use Firefox' "sessionstore" files to restore my crashed session?

My Windows XP system crashed. Usually about:sessionrestore shows me my previous session. But this time, after I rebooted, the page appeared blank.


I was able to find my sessionsstore files in my profile folder. They have names like sessionstore-1.js through sessionstore-8.js. There is also a sessionstore.bak, which was probably created when the system crashed. I don't trust the sessionstore.bak: it's really small in size.


Can I use sessionstore-8.js instead to get back my old sessions?


Also, how exactly do I go about this? Should I quit Firefox before making any changes under the profile directory?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...