Wednesday 14 March 2018

bsod - Windows 10 downgrade bootloop


I downgraded to Windows 8.1 according to this answer's advice.


Now, whenever I start my computer I am stuck seeing a bootloop of a black log-on screen. I can also see my mouse cursor which moves back to original location after my wifi icon on blinks 3 seconds of attempting to process. Everything else is blacked out except my mouse and wifi icon.


I can still go into Safe Mode. Is there something I can do to fix this? I will even go back to Windows 10 if that will not make things even worse.



Answer



Judging by your error message


A pointer device reported a bad angular physical range

It suggests that somehow your touchpad driver is either corrupted or somehow has not up/downgraded successfully.


I would recommend uninstalling any drivers for your touchpad either via the normal remove programs control panel or via Device Manager and reinstall them from your manufacturer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...