Wednesday 14 February 2018

VirtualBox: VPN networking test environment

I want to setup VirtualBox instances of Ubuntu guest to make a VPN test network. The host is Windows 7 Ultimate.


My hope is to setup a VirtualBox instance which represents a gateway for the test network. Additional nodes could be added to this network as needed.


Putting VPN configuration aside, I'm concerned with the required virtual networking configuration required for this test.


1) What would I need to get this to work? Host-only networking?


2) How do I make an instance to become a gateway? This post does not elucidate this point


3) How many instances minimum are required for this?


4) what ifconfig and route commands do i need to run (or add to configuration) in order to create a gateway node and other nodes behind the gateway?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...