Friday 12 January 2018

windows 7 - Why does UAC still prompt me when "Run as Administrator" is permanently set?

In the Properties, Compatibility (or Shortcut) tab I have ticked the "Run as administrator" box for certain applications that need administrator privileges.


When I then run these applications Windows still shows me the UAC prompt (eg: Do you want to let this program make changes to your computer?).


Why am I still asked this question after I have explicitly told Windows to always run the program as Administrator?


I realize I can turn the UAC prompt level down so that I no longer see any prompts, however the UAC prompt is still valuable for new or unknown programs, so I do not want prompts completely disabled.


For programs that I trust, it is just an annoying distraction.


(I'm also familiar with the creating a task in the scheduler with highest privileges, but that doesn't answer the question as to why UAC still prompts even when Run as Administrator is set.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...