Thursday 4 January 2018

windows 10 - Option to Turn Bluetooth on or off is Missing


I want to disable Bluetooth on my laptop running Windows 10 Pro x64, but I have a problem: the option to do so is missing even though I know that it was previously available.


Here is the Bluetooth settings pages should look like on Windows 10:


Bluetooth Settings Page - Windows 10


Here is how it looks for me:


Bluetooth Settings Page - Windows 10


As you can see, I am missing the switch to turn it on or off? Why is it missing? I know that just yesterday, it was available and I turned it off. What can I do to fix it?



Answer



I found a solution that seems to work for me.


1.) Uninstall everything that is Bluetooth-related that is listed in Programs & Features.


2.) Uninstall all Bluetooth-related drivers listed in the Device Manager.


3.) Restart the computer. Bluetooth will be reinstalled, and you can reinstall the programs that you removed from Programs & Features.


The problem is mainly because the drivers provided by vendor does not support windows 10 (this happens if you have migrated from windows 7 or windows 8.1). Reinstalling the bluetooth driver (Programs and Features)only would solve the problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...